- Published on Sunday, 24 November 2013 16:59
- Written by Administrator
- Hits: 132
The toy drive for the Missionaries of Charity in Dallas is one of the longest running community service programs for the Notre Dame Club of Dallas. We are collecting unwrapped toys and layette items again this year, and we ask you help us out with this great cause. You can drop off your toys at the upcoming ND Club of Dallas Christmas party or contact Jane directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It began in December 1988 when Mike McCurdy was the Club president and has continued every year since then.
- Published on Tuesday, 19 November 2013 05:38
- Written by Administrator
- Hits: 683
A member of the Notre Dame Family, Clarence Joseph Colbert, Jr., passed away on November 15, 2013. He was a ND Club Dallas Member, a 1959 graduate of the University of Notre Dame and 1967 graduate of Memphis State University School of Law. He is survived by his son, Calvin J. Colbert, daughter-in-law Cecilia A. Colbert and granddaughters Madeleine and Sophia.
A Memorial Mass will be on Thursday, November 21, 2013 at 11:00 a.m. at St. Rita Catholic Church -12521 Inwood Road, Dallas, TX.
- Published on Saturday, 26 October 2013 08:18
- Written by Liz Phillips
- Hits: 243
NOTRE DAME CLUB OF DALLAS HONORS PATRICK PARKER AND JODI SHEFFIELD AS A “FORCE FOR GOOD” WITH EXCELLENCE IN TEACHING AWARDS
The Notre Dame Club of Dallas (NDCD) has selected Patrick Parker of Jesuit College Preparatory School and Jodi Sheffield of St. Rita Catholic School as this year's recipients of the NDCD Excellence in Teaching Awards. Mr. Parker and Mrs. Sheffield were selected among a number of very qualified nominees and truly embody the “Force For Good” teaching theory.
- Published on Tuesday, 10 September 2013 17:54
- Written by Lauren Ellis Triplett
- Hits: 324
This year's tutoring schedule for St. Cecilia Catholic School is hot off the press & the first date on the calendar is Saturday, 9/21 @ 8:45AM. For those of you interested in the program, the club volunteers down at St. Cecilia (635 Marycliff, Dallas 75208) every year on predetermined Saturdays to help the students with their homework. At first it may sound a bit intimating, but then you realize that regardless of how long it's been since you were in school, the knowledge comes back and the experience helping the kids is priceless!
There are some requirements of the Diocese and the school, namely that you have taken the safe environment
- Published on Tuesday, 10 September 2013 12:37
- Written by Lauren Karas
- Hits: 326
1) We have established a partnership with St. Luke School, a new ACE school, and are sponsoring a year-long Box Tops for Education drive on their behalf. We would love to have everyone in the Club join our efforts in collecting Box Tops at Club events throughout the year, so we can make a sizable contribution to the school in May. Bring your Box Tops to the game watches at the Fox and Hound to help contribute to the effort.
2) The ACE house has 5 new teachers and 2 returning teachers. Schools being served by ACErs are Bishop Dunne, St. Elizabeth of Hungary, St. Pius, St. Luke, and St. Cecilia.
3) The ACE teachers sent us a list of items they could use at their house. If anyone is looking for a way to support
- Published on Wednesday, 27 January 2010 10:59
- Written by NDDallas
- Hits: 3925
ND Family Outreach Coordinator: